Sunday, December 30, 2007

Breakfast this Morning


For my first foodie post, I'll post what I cooked for breakfast this morning. This is the first time I've made a quiche. I had looked up recipes on www.allrecipes.com just to get an idea of the "basic" ingredients of a quiche. I had some leftover ham in the fridge that I wanted to use. You can pretty much add whatever you want to a quiche. So this is my adaptation.

Ham and Cheese Quiche

4 eggs
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp flour
1 9" pie crust (mine was store bought)
1/2 cup chopped ham (approx. i just eyeballed it)
1/4 of a green bell pepper
1/4 of a yellow onion
couple handfuls of shredded cheese ( i used pre-shredded Mexican cheese I had on hand)
dried parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper (i eyeballed all these)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, flour, and seasonings. Mix well.

Add chopped ham, bell pepper, onion, and cheese.

Pour mixture into pie crust.

Bake until lightly brown on top and middle is firm. Approx 40 minutes.

No comments: