Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mexican Pizza


So yea, I'm a Taco Bell addict. I was cruzin all recipes to find some recipes to try and ran across this one and thought I'd give it a shot. I figured it would probably be a lot better for us than fast food. I was really surprised how good it tasted and how similar it was to Taco Bell's.

This makes 2 10" inch pizzas with generous amounts of meat. It's very filling. I could only eat half of mine.

Mexican Pizza


1 pound lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
2/3 cup water
2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans (I used jalepeno flavored and only used 1 can)
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I used the Mexican blend and just sort of eyeballed it according to how much I wanted)
2 tablespoons sour cream (I didn't measure)
Taco Sauce

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Brown hamburger and drain if needed. Add beans, water, and taco seasoning. Mix till beans are heated and set aside.

Spray tortillas with cooking spray and place on cookie sheet. Bake until crispy. (You may have to flip the tortillas to get them crispy on both sides).

Spread meat/bean mixture on tortilla. Top with a little bit of cheese. Cover with other tortilla. Spread with taco sauce and cover with more cheese. Bake until cheese is melted.

Cut into quarters and top with sour cream and any other favorite toppings (tomatoes, green onion, jalepenos, etc.)


**This was very yummy but the only thing I might change in the future is only use a 1/2 packet of taco seasoning. It was a bit salty for my tastes but my husband loved it.

No comments: