Friday, February 1, 2008

Lite Muffins


I had some blackberries hanging out in my fridge that in wanted to use up. So I decided to make some good for me muffins that I can grab quickly in the morning. I bought this awesome cookbook a few weeks ago called "The Dieter's Cookbook" by Better Homes and Gardens. Even if you're not dieting, it's really a great book with tons of good for you recipes. This one turned out pretty good. They're definitely not super sweet but they're healthy. So they're not suppose to be. :)

Blackberry Lite Muffins

1 cup blackberries (I sliced each berry in half so they weren't so large)
2 packets of Splenda
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 sugar (if you like yours sweeter, add 1/2 cup instead)
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp lite salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400. Line 12 muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, toss blackberries with Splenda. Set aside.
In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, and melted butter.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Add berries. Stir just until moist. (batter should be lumpy)
Spoon into muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on cooling rack.

Enjoy!

No comments: