Friday, February 1, 2008

Turkey Chili


I really like chili and it's really not that bad for you. Just depending on what you put in it. I found this recipe in my LA Weightloss cookbook but modified it just a tad. This would also be great to cook in a crock pot but I didn't start it early enough in the day to make it that way. I still turned out really flavorful. I ate it for 3 days straight I think. :)

Turkey Chili

1lb ground turkey
2 cans kidney beans (drained)
2 cans diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 cup water
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
Chili powder
Cumin
Paprika
Lite Salt & Pepper
Fresh garlic and garlic powder
Onion powder
(I didn't measure any of my spices. I just eyeballed it.)

In large pot brown ground turkey in water. Season with onion and garlic powder.
Add tomatoes, beans, chicken broth and all seasonings & fresh garlic.
Let simmer for 30-45 minutes to allow for all the flavors to meld.
Serve with a sprinkle of cheese and low fat sour cream. (optional)

No comments: