Friday, January 25, 2008

Cooking Lighter


I've recently decided that it's time to start eating better and to lose a little bit of weight. I'm not doing it as a "resolution" for the year. I'm doing it because I want to look and feel better. So besides hiring a personal trainer, I'm working on not eating out so much and cooking lighter meals. I got this recipe out of a cookbook I bought when I was doing LA Weightloss. It's also my first time doing a stuffed chicken breast. It turned out pretty good. I think next time I might marinate the chicken in something before stuffing. Just to give it a little more flavor.

Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken

2 6oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained well
2 tbsp. chopped red pepper
4 garlic gloves minced
1 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese (i used more than this)
salt &pepper
nonfat cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375.
Pound chicken until 1/4 inch think
Combine broccoli, red pepper, cheddar and half the garlic. Mix well
Place chicken on piece of foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Place broccoli mixture in the middle of chicken and roll up.
Top chicken with remaining clove of minced garlic.
Roll chicken in foil.
Bake chicken for 20 minutes.
Cut a slit in the top of the foil packet and place back in oven for 5 minutes to brown top of chicken and garlic.

No comments: