Saturday, January 26, 2008

I <3 Pasta!


I'm seriously in love with pasta. The only thing that comes close is mexican food. I've had been seeing a lot of blogs with baked ziti in them. So I thought I'd give it a shot. Looked simple enough. I found this recipe again on all recipes. I did decrease some of the amounts only because this makes a ton for only two people. We still had left overs and it was just as good the next day.

Baked Ziti

1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 package pre shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.


In a medium bowl, mix ziti, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg and 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.


Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and spoon in ziti mixture. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce, followed by Parmesan cheese.


Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

No comments: