Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Puppy Chow


What can I say about this snack? I haven't made this since I was a Camp Fire girl and hadn't heard of it for just about as long. That is until this last Christmas. I had planned on making some to take as gifts for the girls at work but I just didn't have the time. So I made it for my husband to take to his work on Christmas Eve. He said everyone loved it and he couldn't stop eating it either. This is a quick, easy snack and keeps very well in an air tight container.

Puppy Chow

9 cups rice Chex cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Pour cereal into large bowl

Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat. Mix till smooth.

Add peanut butter/ chocolate mixture to cereal. Stir until cereal is well coated.

Pour powdered sugar and coated cereal into a plastic bag. Shake well until cereal is coated with sugar. Store in air tight container.

No comments: